Friday is the beginners day ... at SEV52!
(intermediaries and advanced are also welcome)
We know that Argentine tango is both easier than it is feared (it's a popular dance), and much more difficult than we imagine, as soon as we try to improve details.
In order to tame this dance, it is important to work, practice, test, interact with others, sometimes get the little advice that was missing.
Traditionally, this was done during "practicas", working sessions and in-depth training, during which one works in semi-autonomous mode.
Unfortunately, in Europe the "practicas" have over time all turned into "practilongas", then into informal "milongas". We want to avoid this, and put in place a space really dedicated to the practice
At SEV52, the practicas will be organized as follows:
- unstructured music (no tandas / cortinas): a given song is repeated 2 times, with 30 seconds of silence in between, to allow the exchange of feedbacks and a new test.
- no ronda, no mirada / cabeceo
- lighting adapted to practising and analysis (no "Milonga" -style decoration)
- positive feedback and respectful communication: we observe what happens in ourselves before trying to teach the partner. We also try to say what is going well or is appreciated by the other.
- Before making a proposal for improvement to his / her partner, we try to make a positive feedback on a different specific point. If we only have suggestions for improvements, without any positive point, it is better to say nothing and go work with another person.
Entry 5.-, in this case drinks and snacks NOT INCLUDED (Bar SEV52 available in self-service, snacks: bring your own).