Friday is the beginners day ... at SEV52!
(intermediaries and advanced are also welcome)
We know that Argentine tango is both easier than it is feared (it's a popular dance), and much more difficult than we imagine, as soon as we try to improve details.
In order to tame this dance, it is important to work, practice, test, interact with others, sometimes get the little advice that was missing.
Traditionally, this was done during "practicas", working sessions and deepening, during which one works in semi-autonomous mode.
Unfortunately, in Europe the "practicas" have over time all turned into "practilongas", then into "milongas" informal. We want to avoid this, and put in place a space really dedicated to the practice of work.
At SEV52, the practicas will be organized as follows:
- A theme every Friday (linked to the beginners course that preceded): stay simple and work the basics.
- unstructured music (no tandras / cortinas): a given song is repeated 2 times, with 30 seconds of silence between two, to allow the exchange of feedbacks and a new test.
- no ronda, no mirada / cabeceo
- lighting allowing the work and the analysis (no deco type "milonga")
- positive feedback and respectful communication: we observe what happens in itself, before trying to teach the partner. We also try to say what is going well or is appreciated by the other.
- Before making a proposal for improvement to his / her partner, we try to make a positive feedback on another specific point. If we only have suggestions for improvements, without any positive point, it is better to say nothing and go work with another person.
Entry 5.-, beware of drinks and snacks NOT INCLUDED (Bar SEV52 available in self-service, snacks: to bring yourself).